Who we are:
Blackbird Lab is a software development company. While we are practicing international
working culture, we are proud representatives of Ukrainian values and traditions. We are a
team of 70+ energetic, curious, smart, and open for new challenges tech pros who prefer
efficient async communication, flexible working hours, co-working office model etc.
Being in this craft for about 5 years, we managed to accumulate expertise and bring value
to a number of clients. We cooperate with US and Canadian product companies of different
sizes, from small startups to established products, in close, trusted relationships.
All team members, including management, have an engineering background. The process,
participants of which speak the same language and have similar approach based on
technical principles, is always efficient. It is way easier to make decisions and introduce new
features in a team with engineering at heart. It is the technical DNA that lets us build
high-quality products that facilitate the lives of our customers’ users.
Position & client:
We’re looking for a Middle Java Engineer to join a Canadian startup and our team in
Ukraine. The product we’re building is a platform that helps small and midsize businesses to
sell their products locally.
You will be working with a team of three: a Team Lead (Senior Full-stack engineer), a Junior
Front-end engineer and a Middle Front-end engineer. This small team communicates with a CTO of the company who is
located in Europe (GMT+1 time zone).
● Java 11+, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud
● DGS framework (GraphQL)
● MongoDB (Atlas)
● Google Cloud Platform (Cloud Run, Pub/Sub, Build and others)
● REST/GraphQL integrations with third-party systems
● 2+ years of commercial experience with Java and Spring Boot.
● Proficiency in agile methodologies.
● Intermediate+ English.
● Experience in GraphQL will be a plus
● Team Lead (Backend developer)
● Junior frontend developer
● Middle frontend developer (open position)
● CEO (Canada)
● CTO (EU)
● Part-time designer (open position)
This team follows Kanban as a methodology.
Interview process (takes ~ 1 week)
1. HR Interview (20 mins) (in your native language)
2. Technical interview (90 mins) with Team Lead (in your native language)
3. CTO (60 mins) Interview (in English)
We are all for the self-development of each team member. As a part of our team, you’ll be
supported in your professional growth, work on Macs, receive certifications, and visit
On top of that, you will enjoy an attractive social package, including:
● Сompetitive monthly compensation with discretionary bonus;
● Flexible working schedule;
● Working remotely;
● Full support of Private Entrepreneur reporting services (ФОП);
● Paid vacation (30 working days per year: 12 national holidays + 18 actual vacations);
● Paid undocumented sick leaves (5 working days per year);
● Compensation of medical insurance and English lessons.